Introduction and Summary
I want to make it easy for you to understand what information I collect from you, what I do with it, and how you can request access to this information.
I believe this is a best practice to maintain transparency and trust with my website visitors and clients, and it just so happens that this complies with the laws of many countries around the world, too. If you have questions about this policy, you can contact me at email@example.com
What Personal Information I Collect and When
I collect information so that I can make my products and services better tailored to the people who visit my site and do business with me. I collect this information to (i) deliver products and services you have purchased from me, (ii) to notify you about my product or service offerings that you may be interested in, so long as you have given me consent to do so, (iii) to keep track of visitor information to my site and create retargeted and “lookalike” audiences for advertising purposes.
I collect information from you directly and indirectly through third-party services, as follows:
When you contact me…
- With questions or comments in the contact form.
- When you comment on a post directly on the website.
- To request more information, schedule a telephone call, or sign up to a newsletter.
- To place an order for products or services.
- To receive my product or services.
When I contact you…
- To provide the goods and services you requested.
- To request occasional feedback.
- To provide news, updates, and offers through a newsletter, manually by email
When I contact others…
- I may see certain personal information from third party apps and services that allow me to complete my order.
- I may see certain personal information from third party installations that allow me to remarket my services and products to you on other websites.
- I may see certain personal information from third party apps and services that allow me to monitor website traffic, email conversion, and other analytics data.
- I may see your personal information when I work with third party processors, like my email provider and web host. For EU residents, please note that this means I may transmit your data across international borders.
My Privacy Controls
I use third-party services on my websites to assist in communicating or interacting with the public, including social media services, widgets, apps, pixels, and plugins, as further identified below. These services may distinguish or trace your identity, through, for example, persistent, multi-session cookies.
You can configure my system to delete cookies or disable them. In general, I do not collect or disseminate information collected by these services. When interacting with these third parties, their privacy policies apply. As of the time of this writing, I use:
- Google Analytics: Specifically, Google Analytics collects data about visitors to the Site via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to other data which may be collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation. I do not merge personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature. Should you wish to opt out of any Google Analytics Advertising features, you are encouraged to change your Ad Settings and Ad Setting for mobile apps, through the NAI’s consumer opt-out, or by using any of the other opt-out options currently available: currently available opt-outs.
- Facebook pixels. More information is available here and here.
- Paypal. More information is available here.
Cookies are small text files placed on my computer to collect information about the pages you view and my activities on the site. They enable the site to recognise you by, for example, remembering to use your name, offering a shopping cart, or keeping track of your preferences if you visit the site again. The cookie transmits this information back to the website’s computer (or server) which generally is the only computer that can read it. You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer, or to limit the type of cookies you allow.
This site uses single and multi-session cookies to enhance the visitor experience. See the link above to opt out.
- This site does not sell or share its email list for use by third parties.
If you choose to opt out of some or all of my data collection, you may not be able to access all features of this website or my services.
Keeping Your Information Secure
I store personal information with third parties that use industry standard practices for data security.
Your Rights to Your Information
You own your personal information and have rights to it. For example, you have the rights to:
– Withdraw your consent for me to market my products and services to you and otherwise use the personal information you have provided to me. Withdrawing consent is easy. Simply click “unsubscribe” in the footer of my emails
– Request a copy of the information I have about you
– Be forgotten (that is, have your data deleted and/or ask me to stop using your information for any purpose)
– Correct inaccurate information I have about you (and that means I will notify other service providers I use, and who hold your personal information for me, of those changes as well)
– Object to direct marketing and profiling (for example, I will remove you from my email list and from any list I have uploaded for the purposes of creating custom or retargeted audiences). I also encourage you to disable data collection services on your browser
– Make complaints about the use of your data to regulatory authorities
I will comply with these requests within 30 days.
I make commercially reasonable efforts to work with data controllers (like my email provider) who guarantee compliance with privacy laws like the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation.
I store your personal information only for as long as it is needed to use it for the reasons you have consented to.
Occasionally I will revise this policy and will use your contact information to notify you of these changes if they reduce your privacy rights in any way.